- In a casserole gently heat the cream and vanilla together.
- Soak the gelatine in ice cold water for 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add together the egg yolk and sugar, once the cream is boiled pour onto the egg mix, and cook like ‘Crème Anglaise’. Remove from the heat, add the drained gelatin. Pour into a trayto have a thickness of 1.5 cm depth.
- Add to the chiller to cool.
- On a bain-marie melt white chocolate (alt 248), add praline (alt 258),and corn flakes. Mix them with a fork.
- Try not to break them to much. Set it aside in a room temperature.
Dark Chocolate Mousse
- Melt the dark chocolate (alt 253) to 55° C on a bain marie.
- In the bowl of a mixer add the egg yolk, with 15 g water (warmed) and whisk at full speed to create a sabayon.
- At the same time, whisk the cream to soft peak.
- In a saucepan add the sugar and the 20 g of water and boil it, continue to cook until 121°C.
- When the sugar reaches 121°C, pour it over the sabayon quickly, and continue to whisk until the mix is completely cooled.
- Once cooled, add the soft peak cream and fold it by using a spatula.
- Add the chocolate in 2 stages, so the mixture becomes smooth and elastic.
For The Montage
- Use 4 square moulds, 5cm x 5cm x 3.5cm.
- Fill the bottom with the crunch mix; make it flat with a fork.
- Cut the vanilla interior into squares 4cm x 4 cm, and place the squares onto
- the crunch mix, and to the center of the mould.
- Put the mousse into a piping bag and fill the mould completely with the mousse.
- Add to the chiller, and leave to set for 2 hours.
- Once it has set, take it from its mould.
- On a bain-marie add the cacao butter and dark chocolate (alt 253), melt until 65°C, add to a spray gun, and spray a thin layer, completely covering each cake.
- (It should have a velvet effect) Add some chocolate curls for decoration centered on the top.
- Serve accordingly.
A TIP FROM THE CHEF
This entremet is really something that represents our catalogue, using lots of products from cacao butter to couverture to glaze to deco, the taste is a real chocolate taste, smooth, crunchy, you have all the textures.