Earl Grey Chocolate
- Bring the cream to the boiling point in a casserole.
- Add the tea and leave to infuse for 15 minutes off the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the sugar.
- At the end of the infusion of the tea with the cream, reheat the cream, filter and pour the hot cream onto the egg yolk mixture, then put the whole mixture back into the casserole and cook gently, until it becomes like crème anglaise.
- At this stage, add the chocolates, stirring so they melt and give a smooth and shiny emulsion.
- Fill each tart with this mixture, leave to rest for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Pre heat the oven to 150°C. In the bowl of a mixer, with the pedal attachment, add the butter and the sugar, mix for a couple of minutes until the sugar has dissolved.
- After add the salt, flour and cacao, mix for a further 3 – 4 minutes.
- Once you have achieved the dough, put onto a baking tray, break it into small chunks.
- Bake at 150°C for about 15 minutes.
- Once the streusel has cooled, break uneven chunks, add to the top of the tart.
In a sauce pan, boil the water, brown sugar and tea together, leave to cool and infuse.
To serve, take the tart out from the fridge and leave 5-10 minutes at room temperature.
Serve with the sauce on the side.
A TIP FROM THE CHEF
The love for tea in Turkey, we created the mix of chocolate and tea. The balance is important, to get the best taste, with the crunchy streusel, with the sauce to be served on the side, if the guest desires a little extra tea taste.